WHO IS GOD?
God is a Spirit
23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers
shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the
Father seeketh such to worship him.
24) God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him
in spirit and in truth.
48) Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
as with the prophet?
49) Heaven is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the
Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
24) God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he
is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with
25) Neither is worshipped with mens hands as though he needed
anything, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all
26) And had made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all
the face of the earth, and hat determined the times before
appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27) That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might fell after him,
and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28) For in him we live an move, and have our being; as certain also of
your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
7) Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy
8) If I ascend up into heave, thou are there: if I make my bed in hell,
behold, thou are there.
9) If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts
of the sea;
10) Even there shall thy had lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11) If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be
light about me.
12) Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the
day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
I Kings 8:27
27) But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven
of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have
Jeremiah 23:23-24, 23
23) Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
24) Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith
the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord. There Is
But One God
4) Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
5) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with
all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6) And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7) And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk
of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the
way, and when thou liest down, and when thou riseth up.
8) And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as
front lets between thine eyes.
9) And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on they gates.
28) And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together,
and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the
first commandment of all?
29) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O
Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all
thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the
31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as
thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32) And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for
there is one God; and there is none other but he:
33) And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding; and
with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as
himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34) And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou are
not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any
10) Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal
treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of
6) Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts;
I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
7) And who, as I shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order fro me,
since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and
shall come, let them shew unto them.
8) Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and
have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea,
there is no God; I know not any.
Isaiah 45:2-6, 21-23
2) I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break
in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
3) And I will give the the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret
places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name,
am the God of Israel.
4) For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have surnamed thee,
though thou hast not known me.
5) I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded
thee, though thou hast not know me:
6) That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there
is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.
21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath
declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I
the Lord? and there is no god else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there
is none beside me.
22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and
there is none else.
23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out ouf my mouth in righteousness, and
shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
8) Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
9) Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God,
and there is none like me
I Corinthians 8:4-6
4) As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice
unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none
other God but one.
5) For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as
there be gods many, and lords many,)
6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;
and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your
5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism
6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
I Timothy 2:5
5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe,
2) And immediately I was in the spirit: and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and
one sat on the throne.
3) And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was
a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto and emerald.